Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just a passer by!

My father used to say I would like to buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth. We have all fought  the temptation of pride. In my studies over the years I have always found the word arrogancy attached to the word pride. It has much to do with what you think of others compared to yourself. While driving through a bad snow storm I passed by a young man waving his arms in an effort to get help. It was evident his car was broken down. But I noticed his long hair & raggy appearence so I drove on by. Soon my consciense got the best of me & I turned around & helped him. I soon realized that for pride I not only passed him by but found he had in his car his young wife & infant child. Things are not always as they seem. I try often to remember this lesson. I hope to look down with humility & not on others. I know that GOD called me just to let people know that he loves unconditionally. I know I am still a work in progress. Pray for me! May GOD bless you & yours

No comments:

Post a Comment